Hello everyone – I attended and took notes for you on the first Webinar from our friends at VIRL.
- 1 hour VIRL Webinars will occur monthly – look for me as a guest speaker in the next one – yippee!
- Recordings of the Webinars will be posted on the VIRL YouTube channel
- Slides can be downloaded from the Community Support area of virl.cisco.com
- A major update to VIRL will be here in days from this post – this update will include some cool new features.
- Layer 2 IOS is probably about a month away
- The ASAv is coming to VIRL – no date hinted at yet
- The Webinar hit the following topics:
- What is VIRL
- What VMs are included today
- The VIRL Architecture
- Products that are based on VIRL
- Personal Edition
- A step by step on Server VM Internet access
- Connecting VIRL to real gear
- VM Maestro Power User Tips
- Guest Speaker Anthony Burke on how he uses VIRL – his blog is at networkinferno.net
- A sneak peek of new features
- Live visualization maps
- 3D visualization maps
- L2 IOS Switching
If you have any questions for me – please post them in the comments below!
Interested in learning VIRL today! Check out my CBT Nuggets course –