I have been running this new Windows 10 update now for several weeks on several different systems and no major problems to report, other than a TeamViewer reinstallation as a result of the update (most likely).
What is new in this Windows 10 Fall Creators Update? Here you go:
- Got a VR headset and a compatible Windows system? Windows Mixed Reality arrives in Windows 10 with this update.
- The Windows Photos app gets new features to catch up with Apple. Easily bring photos together to create a video of that great summer trip.
- The Mixed Reality Viewer allows you to see 3D objects mixed into your actual surroundings via your PCs camera. This works so well even on a modest device and is pretty fun. Pictured here is my very first try with it.
- My People can now be pinned to the taskbar in order to quickly Skype or send e-mail.
- Cortana can finally shut down your PC as well as sleep and restart of course.
- Edge gets enhancements like book annotation, pin favorites to the taskbar, edit URL for Favorites, and full-screen mode.
- The Windows Store is updated to unify with the Xbox version.
- Security enhancements include better Ransomware protections.
- Productivity enhancements include continuing on your PC from an iPhone or Android device, Microsoft Launcher for Android, OneDrive Files On-Demand, Find My Pen, and improved PDF viewing.
- PC gaming enhancements arrive with GPU settings in Task Manager and more.
- 3D enhancements in Microsoft Office.
Do you have users that need basic Windows 10 training? Check out my Windows 10 End User Essentials course at CBT Nuggets. This course includes Hands-On Labs with a full copy of Windows 10 so they won’t mess up your system! 🙂