In the last post in this series, we took a look at the configuration of the AAA method lists and other fun AAA requirements. These point to a RADIUS server (or group thereof). This should logically make you think of the RADIUS server setup itself. Let’s tackle the most likely commands for the lab exam now. Once again, be ready to be flexible at the command line and meet the requirements of your specific lab task. Context sensitive help can obviously be your best friend.
Continue reading Switch Configuration for ISE Integration – Part 2 – RADIUS Server Config
My study of the ASAs is drawing to a close. My plan was to do a lot of posts regarding these studies, but as you might guess, it is too difficult to study and do a lot of blogging on the process when you are dealing with a fixed amount of time for actual study. Here is a recap of prep required on the ASAs.
- Cisco ASA 5500 and 5500-X Series Adaptive Security Appliances
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances OS Software Versions 8.2x, 8.4x, 8.6x
- We can expect 4 of these devices
The Study Checklist:
- Initializing the Basic Cisco ASA Firewall (IP Address, Mask, Default Route, etc.)
- Understanding Security Levels (Same Security Interface)
- Understanding Single vs. Multimode
- Understanding Firewall vs. Transparent Mode
- Understanding Multiple Security Contexts Continue reading CCIE Security Version 4 – The ASAs