Sigh. My favorite CCIE Lab testing location of RTP, N. Carolina has closed along with others like San Jose.
Here is the current list of testing locations for the CCIE Lab in the world:
- Bangalore, India
- Beijing, PRC
- Brussels, Belgium
- Dubai, UAE
- Hong Kong, PRC
- Richardson, USA
- Syndey, Australia
- Tokyo, Japan
As I write this – here are the Mobile Labs dates for 2019:
- Shanghai, PR China – Jan 16 – 18
- Toronto, Canada – Jan 23 – 25
- Bogota, Colombia – Feb 13 – 15
- Johannesburg, South Africa – Mar 6 – 8
- Feltham, United Kingdom – Mar 27 – 29
- Toronto, Canada – Apr 3 – 5
- Mexico City, Mexico – Apr 24 – 26
- Singapore, Singapore – Apr 24 – 26
- Johannesburg, South Africa – Jun 26 – 28
- Moscow, Russia – July 3 – 5
- Singapore, Singapore – July 10 – 12
- Sao Paulo, Brazil – July 17 – 19
- Toronto, Canada – July 24 – 26
We should see this new OS for our mobile Apple devices in September of 2018! Here are the high points of what we will see:
- Much better performance. Apple has figured out how to ramp the CPU up and down much more effectively. We should see apps launching literally twice as fast.
- Security and privacy are boosted measurably. Especially in the built-in Web browser Safari.
- Do Not Disturb gets some great enhancements such as scheduling and even turning on and off based on location.
- Smart Notifications will allow more tuning than ever regarding what are phone alerts us to. Notifications can also be grouped now – so your lock screen won’t be such a mess.
- Screen Time allows you to track how much time you are spending on each activity on your mobile device.
- Parental Controls finally arrive. Easily limit the amount of time the kids can spend on certain apps. You can even grant time based on a reward system!
- Siri gets smarter with shortcuts. You can program sequences of actions and then run these actions based on a Siri command such as “Siri – start my day!”
- Animojis get enhanced with he Memoji feature – allowing you to create your own avatar.
- Facetime gets an overhaul – with the biggest new feature allowing group Facetime call with up to 32 participants.
- Enhancements come to Photos, iBooks, News, Stocks, and Voice Memos.