I am always so excited for the next VIRL version and the new Operating System images that it brings. Who wouldn’t be? New features in the core product, and new features in the devices that it emulates.
Here is a recap of the new release:
- New IOS and IOS Layer 2 images bring less CPU consumption
- The new IOS Layer 2 includes some swell new features including:
- VLAN Access Maps (VACLs)
- ACL functionality for both layer2 and layer3 protocol packets
- Dynamic Trunking Protocol support
- Switchport protected mode
- A new NX-OSv image with fun new functionality
- GNS3 File Import and Export
- VRF Lite used on the management network to prevent route leaking and other issues
- Live Visualization enhancements
- The User Workspace Manager get many new features including system configuration, system status, and the ability to import topologies from GitHub automatically
- Your VIRL version is now 0.10.17.7
- Your new VM Maestro version is 188.8.131.528
I was delighted to find the in place upgrade went smoothly as described. Of course new OVAs and ISO options are available for those subscribers that need them.
4 thoughts on “August 2015 Brings a New VIRL”
Hello Anthony, if you are able to further elaborate on the new NX-OS image in a future post that would be fantastic!
Enjoying the VIRL updates!
Yes – cannot wait to dig deeper there and will provide a full report here at the blog!
I did a complete reinstall of my system last night with a full upgrade to the newest version however finding it difficulty to load simulation. Tried the VIRL forum and no luck, few of the fellows are also suffering from the same problem:
Simulation gives this message: “There are flavours required by topology but not available in STD…..”
I thought to post it here, as you being a super expert in VIRL, may be we can get some precious advise from you.
Thanks much, and keep up the good work.
Hi Muhammad – it looks like someone resolved the issue in that thread. Let me know if it resolves your issue!