I am taking careful notes on the incredible AWS course at CBT Nuggets for AWS Technical Essentials. Enjoy the notes for this first Nugget in the course – What is AWS?
- “The Cloud” – specifically the public cloud
- CBT Nuggets, GMAIL, DropBox are all valid examples of common cloud usage today
- Access everywhere
- SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Pool of resources; multi-tenant; rapid provisioning; on-demand (as-a-service); like a utility bill; scalability; elasticity
- Cost effective; easy to “on-ramp”
- Hybrid – part of your usage is in the public cloud while part of it is in your private cloud
- 1995 – Amazon.com; 2006 – AWS; 2009 – RDS; 2011 – Elastic Beanstalk; 2016 – Lambda
- Regulations compliance is also available in AWS
The Quiz Questions – Be sure to post your answers in the comments below:
- Rapid provisioning allows you to very quickly spin up a new virtual machine with minimal effort. True or false?
- As Ben describes it, a hybrid setup is one in which part of your resources are in AWS, and the rest are with another cloud provider. True or false?
- In what year did Amazon release Amazon Web Services?
- a) 1995
- b) 2006
- c) 2016
- d) 2008
2 thoughts on “What is AWS?”