70-742 is one of the exams that makes up the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification from Microsoft. I am creating a course for this certification at CBT Nuggets beginning on 3/13/2017.
This exam focuses on the identity functionality in Windows Server 2016. It covers the installation and configuration of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), in addition to Group Policy implementation for non-Nano Server environments. It also covers functionality such as Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Active Directory Federations Services (AD FS), and Web Application proxy implementations.
70-742 Complete Outline
This is one really long outline – so be sure to click the Read More button below if you are interested in the entire thing!
Install and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) (20–25%)
- Install and configure domain controllers
- Install a new forest
- Add or remove a domain controller from a domain
- Upgrade a domain controller
- Install AD DS on a Server Core installation
- Install a domain controller from Install from Media (IFM)
- Resolve DNS SRV record registration issues
- Configure a global catalog server
- Transfer and seize operations master roles
- Install and configure a read-only domain controller (RODC)
- Configure domain controller cloning