I cleared the CCNA Data Center this week. It felt a little silly since I have been teaching NP level classes for Data Center for a long time now.
Thank you so much to 1ExamAMonth.com ! I purchased their practice exam for the 640-911 DCICN exam and that was the only resource I needed. This is like CCNA with some Data Center basics thrown in. It was strange to see questions about hubs and Token Ring in a Data Center exam, perhaps some technical editor was asleep at the wheel when those questions made the cut.
Continue reading I Am a CCNA Data Center Bad Ass!
My study of the ASAs is drawing to a close. My plan was to do a lot of posts regarding these studies, but as you might guess, it is too difficult to study and do a lot of blogging on the process when you are dealing with a fixed amount of time for actual study. Here is a recap of prep required on the ASAs.
- Cisco ASA 5500 and 5500-X Series Adaptive Security Appliances
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances OS Software Versions 8.2x, 8.4x, 8.6x
- We can expect 4 of these devices
The Study Checklist:
- Initializing the Basic Cisco ASA Firewall (IP Address, Mask, Default Route, etc.)
- Understanding Security Levels (Same Security Interface)
- Understanding Single vs. Multimode
- Understanding Firewall vs. Transparent Mode
- Understanding Multiple Security Contexts Continue reading CCIE Security Version 4 – The ASAs