I am reporting from the CompTIA Partner Summit 2018 here in Washington, DC and the buzz is all about Cyber Security and the latest and greatest pathway offered by CompTIA! Check it out!
CompTIA clearly recognizes that many might be interested in this field as they move from high school or even another career entirely. This pathway covers a candidate from the very basics – all the way to advanced Security studies!
Here are some critical notes on each step of the journey!
- The new CompTIA IT Fundamentals (FC0-U61) exam is arriving in Q3 2018!
- The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
- The new A+ exam (A+ 2019) is arriving in early 2019!
- Candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Technicians understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
- The new exam is here N10-007!
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
- The new CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam is here!
- No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
- More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
- Security+ focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
- The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
- This new exam is here!
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to an organization.
- Configure and use threat-detection tools.
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.
- CompTIA PenTest+ coming in Q3 2018!
- CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
- Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
- The new exam is here!
- Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- The inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption