I have been using the new Windows 10 for some time now as part of the Windows Insider Fast Track program. I am thrilled to announce the overall stability and some pretty damn cool features:
- Timeline – when you access the Task View (with Windows Key + Tab or clicking the Task View button), you now have access to tasks that you were working on earlier. What a great new feature that allows you to go back to documents, Apps, or Web sites you were working with. Super cool.
- Near Share – Microsoft finally copies Apples AirDrop for easy file sharing with a system that is in close proximity
- Diagnostic Data Viewer – curious about the exact diagnostic information your system is sending to Microsoft? Now you can easily view that data.
- Bluetooth Quick Pairing – just place a device in pairing mode near Windows 10 and a slide out dialog will offer the pairing option. It should always be this easy!
- Progressive Web App Support – the Edge browser now supports PWA. These are Web pages that look and feel and run like applications.
- Font Management – fonts are now easily managed in Settings and can even be purchased from the Windows Store.
- Edge, Cortana, and My People improvements abound.
- HDR video support.
- Graphics settings for multiple GPUs.
- Enhanced App Permissions options.
- Focus Assist replaces Quiet Hours and is enhanced.
- Language Pack delivery now handled in the Windows Store.
- Enhanced Display and DPI settings are available.
- As I covered previously here at the blog – HomeGroups are now dead.
- Enhanced features for developers.
- A better Linux app.
I hope you are excited about the next Windows 10 – and as always – if you have any questions let me know in the comments below.