Hello everyone. Perhaps you did not have time to attend today, or perhaps you do not even have the time to watch the recording that will be released later in the week. Hey, I cannot blame you. Here are my notes so you know what was covered!
April Release Review
- New Images – IOSv, IOSvL2, NX-OS, ASA
- Autoconfig support for IOSvL2 and ASA
- GraphML support
- Integrated packet capture
- Existing users – Full or Quick Upgrade
- New users – a new OVA is now available
Demo of Quick Upgrade Process
- Share VIRL topologies
- Acquire sample topologies
- VM Maestro has built in support
- Demo of using Git
Demo of VIRL in Action
- Testing/verifications of designs
- Provisioning script testing
VIRL at Cisco Live in San Diego 2015
- Many events happening in the Devnet Zone including a meetup
The Cisco VIRL team has announced the much anticipated April upgrade yesterday (4/21/2015) that includes a true Layer 2 IOS and the ASAv functionality.
Remember, the Layer 2 IOS will count against the 15 device limit, so if you want other switches in the topology that you are not needing to configure, use the Unmanaged Switch option there.
There is a Quick and Full upgrade option available for those of running VIRL currently. For those of you needing a complete OVA install, the OVA will be made available soon.
Here is the complete information:
Here is a list of the latest images in this product:
NEW IOSv – 15.5(2)T image
NEW IOSvL2 – 15.2.411 DSGS image
IOSXRv – 5.3.0 CCO image
CSR1000v – 3.14 XE-based image
NEW NX-OSv 7.2.0 (ZD 120)
NEW ASA1000v 9.3.2
NEW Ubuntu 14.4.2 Cloud-init
I look forward to creating many videos for you on this new version here at ajsnetworking.com.