If you know anything about my approach to certifications, you will know that I am a huge proponent of building a tracker to make sure you are studying the right topics and to measure your progress and keep yourself accountable.
NOTE: I only show Section 1 below on my blog home page – you might need to click the READ MORE link in order to see the other sections.
Section 1: Networking Fundamentals
Identify the concepts and functionality of various fundamental elements of networking
- The function of routers and switches
- Optical network fundamentals – SONET/SDH, OTN
- Ethernet networks
- Layer 2 addressing, including address resolution
- IPv4 and IPv6 fundamentals
- Layer 3 / IP addressing, including subnet masks
- Subnetting and supernetting
- Decimal to binary conversion
- Longest match routing
- Connection-oriented vs. connectionless protocols