Did you miss the Live Stream today on the new Cisco Certs coming early 2020? No problem – here is the recording. If you do not have thirty minutes to spare – no worries, my notes from the Live Stream are below:
What is staying the same?
- The levels are still there for us – Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert, Architect
- The tracks are still there for us – Collaboration, Security, Data Center, Enterprise (R&S), Service Provider, etc.
What is changing?
- Many of the certs are retiring; their content will be distributed into the remaining levels and tracks
- CCNP Cloud (worked into Data Center track)
- CCNP Wireless (worked into Enterprise track)
- Every CCNA outside of just…one single CCNA exam
- There are new requirements, for example, to get a CCNP Enterprise, you pass one core exam and one concentration exam (from many)
- There are some exam format changes – for example, the CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure lab exam is now consisting of two parts instead of three!
- There is a new DevNet track!
Why all these changes? (My opinions)
- Cisco was VERY behind on many exams and tracks
- Cisco wanted Certs to track to job roles better – the concentrations to pick from accommodating this beautifully
- Cisco wanted to improve their exams and their exam protections
- They wanted to introduce some new formats
Please subscribe to the blog if you are interested in following my journey through the current CCIE Data Center written exam (2.1) which I will pass before all these changes! I will then take the new version of that written exam in Feb 2020!